BEARPONG can be played almost anywhere! Just make sure that when you set the game up, you do so in a safe environment for those who will be participating!
THIS MAIN SET OF RULES IS PROVIDED AS GUIDANCE. IF YOU HAVE A FAVORITE SET OF SPECIFIC RULES FROM “OTHER GAMES” THAT YOU THINK WOULD BE FUN TO APPLY, THEN PLEASE CUSTOMIZE THE RULES FOR YOUR ENJOYMENT! JUST MAKE SURE ALL TEAMS AGREE ON WHICH RULES WILL BE APPLIED.
1. BEARPONG is played with 1 or 2 person teams, 12 BEARPONG buckets and 2 BEARPONG balls.
2. Each team is to set up a triangle of 6 BEARPONG buckets opposite of one another.
3. Distance between sets of buckets can be determined by the skill of the players involved, available space, and/or depending on the wind conditions if outdoors. 10 Feet should be the minimum distance allowed between each of the front BEARPONG buckets. If that gets too easy…….Simply back the triangles up!
4. The object of the game is to either throw or bounce the ball into the other teams BEARPONG buckets and eliminate all of the other teams buckets before they eliminate all of yours. Players should stand behind their last cup while throwing or bouncing the ball.
5. Throwing the ball into a BEARPONG bucket eliminates that particular bucket and it shall be removed from the triangle. (If the ball goes in then bounces out, it does not count!)
6. Bouncing the ball into the BEARPONG bucket eliminates the bucket the ball went into and one other of the shooters choice.
DEFENSE: On bounce shots, the opposing team may catch, swat, scissor-kick, head bunt or do anything else with their bodies to safely prevent the ball from going into the BEARPONG buckets after the shot hits the ground. This same defense may also be played if the shot bounces off the rim of the BEARPONG bucket. Careful, if it bounces in off of you , it COUNTS! **While playing defense, if you knock any of your own BEARPONG buckets over in the process, they are taken away just as if the other team had made a shot in them.
7. A team must shoot both BEARPONG balls before the other team shoots and each player on the team must take a turn.
8. If a team makes both of their shots, they get both of the BEARPONG balls back for another turn.
9. As the BEARPONG buckets get taken away, each team can request one re-positioning of the remaining buckets per game. This request must be made at the beginning of their turn and they may choose one of the following formations:
10. If a BEARPONG bucket is knocked over by a shot, then the bucket is stood up, put back in its original position and is not taken away.
11. When a team's final BEARPONG bucket has been made, each player on that team will get a chance to shoot until he/she misses. If they succeed in making it in all of the opponents remaining buckets the game will go into a 3 bucket overtime round beginning in the BEAR SNOUT formation.
12. If the other team can not force the game into overtime and all of their BEARPONG buckets have been eliminated, YOUR TEAM WINS!!!!
THIS GAME IS NOT INTENDED TO BE USED WITH ALCOHOL or by children under the age of 5 without adult supervision
Check the website regularly for new videos and product accessories!!